AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General EV Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tesla's Place in history

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladecar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tesla's Place in history
    Posted: 17 March 2017 at 2:37pm
Hi

Watching the wonderful job Elon Musk is doing in forcing the established car industry to branch out to electric propulsion reminds me of Bill Gates establishment of a colossus in the IT world.

I thought it wonderful that one man was in control and made Microsoft a company with proper management (and where financial clout forced the smaller manufacturers to adopt a common method of operation with their equipment. I was so impressed that Microsoft forced video card manufacturers, hard drive manufacturers, all the others, to adopt a common strategy. Usb, how wonderful.

Of course, we got a letter in the mail inviting us to join MSN, and I became afraid of the monopoly that Microsoft desired. So lots of people rebelled and did not "rent" Office when Australia became a test-bed for that poor financial choice.

Now, we have Tesla, and the potential, if we're lucky, for it to be another Microsoft. A powerful company that wants to take over the world (a basic Tesla free for the first 3 months, easy leasing from then on).

GM and others are using their manufacturing base to try to strangle Tesla out of the market by getting cars with very acceptable performance to market first, with parochial appeal to the locals. I fear this is just a strategy to head ev's off at the pass. So I want Tesla to succeed, and Musk to remain in control.

What will happen. Another American monster company lording it over the world, or the current polluting monster companies heading them off at the pass?

If only there were an Australian company which can supply a battery bank for South Australia. If there were, how can things be changed to prevent a successful company from being taken over by an overseas company for an extra one dollar a share, where the board makes 20 million each from the transaction and we lose it all for ever.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic