AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > EV Motoring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAC Electric Highway(TM) Feedback Thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 9:33am
Originally posted by photomac photomac wrote:

try http://chargestar.com.au
There you can track usage and pre-load the card

Maybe I am not looking properly, but I can't find any information on that site on what the charges are.

It does tell me how many "units" are on my account, and a cost for buying them, but I can't find out what the units are or how they are calculated.

There really should be some way to let people know what they are going to be charged before they use it shouldn't there?
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 9:38am
Aha, finally found something tucked away on the about page
https://www.chargepointgenie.com/Chargestar/Home/About

This says the "Our chargepoints are currently free to use", which if true still leaves the questions about what the units and negative balance mean.

Does currently free to use, mean they aren't charging yet, but will document a debt and ask for it later?
photomac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photomac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 10:10am
Once you have logged in under the [ABOUT] tab

"PAYMENT METHOD
Payment for charging your car is made using charging units. You can buy charging units at any time and they cost 10 cents per unit, i.e. $10.00 buys 100 charging units. You must keep your account topped up with units in order to use our service. You can do this manually, or by choosing to allow automatic top ups, which will automatically buy units when your account balance is low. The minimum purchase is 10 units which costs $1.00"

but yes that is a little hidden
Yes,   we can.   
E-STATION View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E-STATION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 10:59am
Originally posted by mikedufty mikedufty wrote:

Aha, finally found something tucked away on the about page

This says the "Our chargepoints are currently free to use", which if true still leaves the questions about what the units and negative balance mean.

Does currently free to use, mean they aren't charging yet, but will document a debt and ask for it later?

I just spoke to Mike and he has made a couple of useful suggestions that we will implement.
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 10:18pm
My wife just got a parking ticket while charging at the RAC west perth charger. The offence being "unauthorised parking"
I'm hoping its a mistake.
Anyone know if there is any restriction on parking there other than charging and paying for the charge?
$55 is an expensive charge.
E-STATION View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E-STATION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 11:09pm
The Mandurah DC charging station is offline and will be unavailable until further notice.

Please contact Charge Star on 1300 661 895 if you have any questions.

reecho View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reecho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by mikedufty mikedufty wrote:

My wife just got a parking ticket while charging at the RAC west perth charger. The offence being "unauthorised parking"
I'm hoping its a mistake.
Anyone know if there is any restriction on parking there other than charging and paying for the charge?
$55 is an expensive charge.

Don't think there is a time limit.

Ring up the parking company and contest it. Ask them what the issue is....
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 10:43am
They have agreed to waive the fine, but it is kind of a stock letter that doesn't actually admit they shouldn't have fined us, and reserves the right to fine us if it happens again. Currently seeking further confirmation from them.
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 9:55pm
Finally got a reply acknowledging that we should not have been fined.

"We apologize for the inconvenience, you are welcome to use this bays as long as it is use to charge your vehicle not other purposes."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic