AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PIP-4048MS inverter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 565758
Author
Moderated
Moderated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2016 at 5:14am
Hi Coulomb.
I don't have mains power at all. I have a generator, but is not connected to the inverter. So, nothing is connected to the AC input.

I asked especially for menu #12 and #13. Initialy, I setup only menu for Bulk, Float and Low DC disconnect (#12 and 13 was default), but I observed that inverter start to warning beep when the voltage drop below 50V and was annoying for me. Then, I modified #12 to 48V and #13 to 50V and was much better.

Another point which I don't understand: warning beep stoped when the voltage is +4V over the #29 Low DC disconnect.

P.S. If I make grammar mistake, please forgive me and help me to improve my english.
paulvk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulvk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 6:40pm
Some observations of early cut off of bulk charge:
System 1 two PIPs 72.40 cuts off early on occasion
System 2 one PIP 52.30 cuts off early often
So they made improvements as I said before when the warranty runs out in Jan next year I will load the modded software.
Also got myself a Esmart 40A LCD MPPT Solar Charge Controller to play with looking to see if I can use it to add more solar to my units and I find that MPP are not the only ones using 63V capacitors, worse still 100V caps on the panel input , they rate the unit at 100v with 110v cut off yea thats going to work! Going to replace/move the 63v with the 100v and get some 150v or higher to replace the 100v ones, semiconductors 150 and 200 volt ok there.
If I can set the voltages not to go over 57v maybe it will be ok with the PIPs I will report on progress.
Tjadenw View Drop Down
Noobie
Noobie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tjadenw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 1:12am
Hi

Eventually gave up on trying to figure out how to calibrate the 24 volt 3kva voltage seems like the 24 volt model can not be calibrated at all.

I kept a copy of the 24volt 3kva inverter with the 60 amp MPPT SCC
Think 0243 is the latest firmware, but this version still do not stay in absorb long enough.

PIP-MSX_2-3K_MAIN_0243.zip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 565758
  Share Topic