AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > EV Motoring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NZ's new Electric Highway

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reecho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NZ's new Electric Highway
    Posted: 30 March 2015 at 10:40am
looks promising for those over the dutch....

link
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 12:59pm
Very cool! I hope they can raise the funds. New Zealanders are pretty good with their money, and if a good idea requires group funds, they will all chip in. Quite the contrast to Australia where we have to keep hunting around for someone else to pay for it...
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 1:18pm
I also note they are going with Type 2 SAE Combo. I believe New Zealand can directly import cars from around the world, unlike us Aussies who are lumbered with regulations of old. If you plan on importing cars from the EU then a type-two connector makes a lot of sense.
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle
Gabz View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 1:28pm
I heard they are going with veefil they must be trying to force BMWs hand to go type 2.
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 6:12am
http://www.electricvehiclesresearch.com/articles/8611/new-zealands-first-fast-charging-network

first unit installed

this is the map
https://charge.net.nz/charging-map/

cost NZD
25c per min
+
25c per kWh

Edited by g4qber - 10 November 2015 at 6:16am
2011 i-MiEV - 100k kms
offgridQLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 6:39am
So if you where charging for 20min at 50kwh. It would cost you roughly $5 for the time and another $5 for the charge.

$10 to fill a Nissan leaf

Kurt
Jasmin View Drop Down
Noobie
Noobie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2015 at 7:33am
BMW are already use Combo 2 CCS in European spec cars, so it shouldn't be a problem. It's unfortunate that Aus and NZ may well wind up with different types though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic