AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussion > Parts & Suppliers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leaf cells

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaujewel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 4:54pm
I used to have access to the for sale section of the forum but it seems I am now blocked. Anyone else have this problem?
alexeiw123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexeiw123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by alexeiw123 alexeiw123 wrote:

Originally posted by Johny Johny wrote:

Thanks for the post Lex. Please post the progress and results.

Will do, once the mounting method for all the modules is sorted, it shouldn't take too long.

here's a photo of the new modules and the old cells. The CALBs had top levelling strips but no active BMS, by the time I'd noticed they were out of balance the damage had been done (to some). They will likely be re-purposed for a 48V house system.

Edit: that IMG embed doesn't seem to work: direct link

[IMG][/IMG]

It just randomly occurred to me that I never reported back.

Car has been up and driving for 6 months or so now. Electrically, all has been great.
I have a mechanical gremlin (drivetrain vibration) I haven't been able to solve just yet - and a busy uni semester and family addition has limited my time to look in to it. I suspect I may be up for a new gearbox - as such I've got my controller set ultra conservatively and haven't yet pushed the batteries! Sag is much less than with the CALBs though and the car is driving great.

Car needs a wash and detail and some terminal covers, I'll post some photos after that. Very happy with the leaf cells though. Easy to work with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic