AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Production Electric Vehicles > Nissan Leaf
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LEAF around Australia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LEAF around Australia
    Posted: 25 April 2016 at 11:31am
I have left Queensland heading for Sydney and an "official" start for my drive around Australia.

It is a three way journey where I will be raising awareness for NETS (Newborn Emergency Transport Service), spreading the good word for electric vehicles and thirdly (but by no means lastly:-) having a bloody good time driving my new toy 15,000 klms.

I will be documenting mostly on the OzLEAF forum, posting a Spot location on my jeffthewalker FaceBook page and calling regularly on amateur radio VK4XJJ.
It is hard to make predictions, especially about the future. Yogi Berra
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2016 at 12:33pm
Awesome! Make sure you get in touch with each branch on your way around, and arrange to meet up with David and Matt on their way across the Nullarbor!
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle
jeffthewalker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2016 at 3:08pm
When will Matt be on the Nullarbor? I will be leaving Sydney on 1st May and arriving Perth on the 1st June. Ceduna 18th May and about 200klm per day.
Chuq View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2016 at 4:23pm
Great work Jeff! I went looking for your jeffthewalker page on Facebook and found that it is a personal profile page. Are you happy for us to share a link to it publicly on the AEVA Facebook page?
MDK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2016 at 4:44pm
Hi Jeff

I'm heading in the other direction next week

Looking at your schedule it seems we just miss each other in Victoria.

It looks like you're leaving Melbourne for Ballarat on the 8th of May, and I arrive in Melbourne (via the Great Ocean Road) on the 9th of May...

so close...

We'll have to catch up when I'm back in Perth to compare notes.

- Matt

Edited by MDK - 25 April 2016 at 5:20pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Chuq Chuq wrote:

Great work Jeff! I went looking for your jeffthewalker page on Facebook and found that it is a personal profile page. Are you happy for us to share a link to it publicly on the AEVA Facebook page?

Yep. That's fine. I do restrict who can post to my wall as it gets too cluttered.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2016 at 4:40am
Originally posted by MDK MDK wrote:

Hi Jeff

I'm heading in the other direction next week

Looking at your schedule it seems we just miss each other in Victoria.

It looks like you're leaving Melbourne for Ballarat on the 8th of May, and I arrive in Melbourne (via the Great Ocean Road) on the 9th of May...

so close...

We'll have to catch up when I'm back in Perth to compare notes.

- Matt

I'm now staying in Perth for June and July (Collie most of the time) so we can definitely get together somehow.

- Jeff
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 5:15pm
Sign writing designed today. Printing and cutting tomorrow and finishing on Saturday on the way to Sydney.

Read more: http://ozleaf.proboards.com/thread/774/le-oz-af#ixzz476uvlRsG

jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 5:35pm
I'm sure we can get you an AEVA bumper sticker
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2016 at 10:18am
Originally posted by jonescg jonescg wrote:

I'm sure we can get you an AEVA bumper sticker

Yep. Tons of room. I tried for one from Graeme in Brisbane but he didn't have one at his work.

I'll sort it out somewhere along the way.

Here's a couple of pics of the finished "official" signage. Ahhh, can't upload an image here just a link. Here is a link to the OzLEAF forum where the photos are that I posted today.

OzLEAF forum LE(OZ)AF
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 3:58am
I will be in Canberra from lunch time today and would like to meet up with some AEVA members if possible.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 8:47am
In Yass today. I did not catch up with any AEVA guys in Canberra but I spoke to Greg and Glen at length on the phone. Glen told me about the fast charger already installed (Tritium) and the plans for a much extended network for NSW. I can see a good business model where taxis and ride sharing drivers will go all electric when fast chargers are available in high population towns/cities.

Still looking to get an AEVA sticker to add to the LEAF signage.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 6:20am
I am in Melbourne for today. Meeting up with Matt this afternoon/evening.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 8:29am
Met up with Matt in his Tesla (drool) and we compared notes about traveling long distance in our respective EVs. I am forever conscious about my range remaining and it was comforting to hear Matt tell me about his speed reduction on sections of the Nullarbor crossing to reach his destination (with less anxiety).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic