AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > EV Motoring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Improving EV Charge Spots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 8:29am
Feedback people,

The EV Charging sign at Stockland Balgowlah has been considerably increased in size and visibility. Unfortunately this still did not stop two ICE from taking up both charging bays when I was there. Still, I think any ideas we come up with are only going to reduce the frequency with which we get ICE'd, not eliminate it.

I have not visited the other Stockland Malls in Sydney so I can't report on any changes at those Malls.

Any other ideas let me know.
Cheers
Paul
Adverse Effects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adverse Effects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 10:01am
that is what i said no sign will stop aholes parking there

there needs to be a fine / tow-a-way attached to the slots and posted in BIG letters letting the Parker know it and hook it up so if you park and dont charge a tow truck is automatically called

will make $ for the shopping center as well as stop the aholes

even cops dont read sign's and do the right thing

Edited by Adverse Effects - 17 June 2015 at 10:10am
Greg partridge View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg partridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 10:17am
I brought a 20 foot J1772 extension cable off eBay for situations when I get ICED.
I would suggest that the entire parking bay be painted bright green not just a green stripe as is the case in Cameray
Paul9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 10:25am
I like the idea of the 20ft extension cable - good idea! I wonder if we can be held responsible for someone tripping over a cable we leave laying on the ground?

Cheers
Paul
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg partridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 10:31am
It is bright orange so is highly visible. It's true it could be tripped on but so could the ChargePoint cable. It was about $260 from memory.
offgridQLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 1:18pm
Don't the fire department just smash your windows and run the hose through your car if you park your car to block the hydrant?

So perhaps a small window glass punch atatched to the charge cable.

It gets hard to keep things friendly when people are just ignoring the polite requests for EV only parking. If people know they can get away with it and no action will be taken unfortunately they will just continue doing so.

Kurt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adverse Effects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2015 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by offgridQLD offgridQLD wrote:

If people know they can get away with it and no action will be taken unfortunately they will just continue doing so.

Kurt

Amen brother

i have a library of pics of cars parking in where they know they shouldn't and out of the 35 or so cars in them there is a stand out 8 or so that pop up day after day doing it and that is just me going to the shops for food on a almost daily basis

and the disgusting thing is 2 of the bays they do it in all the time the cops walk past on an hourly basis and do nothing about it even when you point it out to them

Edited by Adverse Effects - 17 June 2015 at 3:16pm
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2015 at 6:35pm

Can't think of another thread to put this, but the Cockburn Library (Spearwood) charge points are in and working... and ICE'd.
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adverse Effects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2015 at 7:56pm
let there tires down
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 7:43am
2011 i-MiEV - 100k kms
tasvh63 View Drop Down
Noobie
Noobie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasvh63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 8:55am
Hello all, just curious about installing a charge point at my business for the public to use and am unsure of the requirements. Basically what do i need to cover the different vehicle type's or are they all the same connection method?
Gabz View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 9:02am
Originally posted by tasvh63 tasvh63 wrote:

Hello all, just curious about installing a charge point at my business for the public to use and am unsure of the requirements. Basically what do i need to cover the different vehicle type's or are they all the same connection method?

3 levels of equipment.

1. Supply a 15amp power point.
2. Supply a dedicated charging station
3. Supply a Fast quick charger.

1 is easy I suggest a IP56 industrial socket. $300+ installed

2. there are 2 different plug types basically teslas (type 2) and every one else (Type 1), so you and either pick one or get a type 2 universal socket which has removable cables so you can quickly swap between the 2. $2k+ installed.

3. they are expensive prepared to pay $40k+ installed. there is multiple different plugs for different cars but most units these days have the 2 main ones as standard.

further reading but now slightly out of date written before teslas came on the scene.
http://noronha.id.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/EV_Charging_Solutions_Businesses.pdf

Edited by Gabz - 19 June 2015 at 9:23am
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/
offgridQLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 11:54am
" (Spearwood) charge points are in and working... and ICE'd."

How about an adaptor that has a female J11772 one end and a set of alagator clips on the other end. Simply hook one clip up to the door handle of the ICE car and the other clip to the fuel tank. With a small note on the window telling them you noticed they hadn't plugged in so you did it for them.Just Hit (Start) on the charger followed by one lift of the door handle to be on your way to a better place.

Kurt.

Edited by offgridQLD - 19 June 2015 at 11:58am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adverse Effects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 12:07pm
i thought "better place" closed down

g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2015 at 11:05am
Please note that Doug Vickery says that spearwood is not 24/7
Council n library business only
2011 i-MiEV - 100k kms
Paul9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 7:51am
Hi people,

I have received further advice (7th Oct)from Stockland Malls regarding where they intend to put additional charge points. Cutting and pasting from their email:

a) "We have installed two new charge spots to date in Baldivis, WA and Burleigh Heads QLD."

b)"We have planned to install additional NSW locations in Jesmond (Newcastle), Shellharbour (South Coast) and Baulkham Hills in Sydney this financial year."

c)"Other new locations will be Harrisdale, WA and a second spot at Point Cook, VIC."

d)"We will take a look at the portfolio again later this year and plan for additional locations in FY17... possible NSW locations could include Wetherill Park, Merrylands, Nowra, Bathurst, Forster and East Maitland."

I checked Stockland Malls store locations and found a mall at Corrimal on the South Coast NSW. I may suggest this mall as a chargepoint which may give NSW an "electric highway" from Sydney to Nowra.

The above is for info and I will post a copy in the thread "new charging locations in nsw" in case some people don't see the info in this thread.

If there are any comments on the above let me know. I will reply to their email in the next 2 or 3 days.

Cheers
Paul

mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 9:23am
The Baldivis one could be useful, just about the limit of range for our i-MiEV from Perth so would make a handy top up if going that way. We could then sit on the speed limit on the freeway without stressing.
Rusdy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Paul9 Paul9 wrote:

If there are any comments on the above let me know. I will reply to their email in the next 2 or 3 days.

Send my thanks to them! The more charger the better! I like the latest addition in Baldivis (WA)!
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg partridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 2:06pm
I used the Stocklands Cameray charger today. Signage has been improved with 3 EV charging only signs installed. First 2 hours free then $20 for 2hrs -2.5hrs and skyrockets from there, so be careful how long you stay
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2015 at 6:51am
great signage at baldivis now
http://www.plugshare.com/?location=66307#

http://postimg.org/image/3kpdoo557/

Edited by g4qber - 21 October 2015 at 6:54am
2011 i-MiEV - 100k kms
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2016 at 5:33pm
2011 i-MiEV - 100k kms
Paul9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2016 at 7:40am
Thanks g4qber

I will pass that on to Stockland.

Cheers
Paul
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2016 at 12:50pm
Watch out for Stocklands baldivis Being closed on good Friday

Edited by g4qber - 28 March 2016 at 12:51pm
2011 i-MiEV - 100k kms
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic