AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Production Electric Vehicles > Mitsubishi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I-miev Insurance (Comprehensive)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 1:16pm
Floor mats vacuumed

Kurt
Johny View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 1:18pm
The tyres pumped up (seriously)! Actually better checked every month from what I have heard.
offgridQLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 1:35pm
Well my serious view is . If your not mechanically minded at all then its probably a good Idea to have your local trusted mechanic put the car up on a hoist once a year just to give it a quick once over (check for anything damaged worn or loose.

Though trying to treat the cars servicing schedule like a Ice car and listing 6 month or 15,000km servicing intervals and charging several hundred $ for them is crazy to me.

Kurt
LauraiMiEV View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraiMiEV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by offgridQLD offgridQLD wrote:

Though trying to treat the cars servicing schedule like a Ice car and listing 6 month or 15,000km servicing intervals and charging several hundred $ for them is crazy to me.

Kurt

When I made a similar comment to the woman trying to explain to me the servicing options she did point out that they have a discount for electric car servicing. I think it was about $50 less than an ICE car but still in the ball park of the cost of comprehensive insurance plus it just isn't worth my time to spend 2 hours in the car every 6 months.

Once a year at a good local mechanic will do me fine. Now the trick will be to find one that knows what to do with a car missing its exhaust pipe! I guess the local Mitsubishi dealership should have someone in their service department who can spell iMiEV :-)
acmotor View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2014 at 2:04pm
Ask if they have an iMiEV trained service technician and ask to see the certification for the technician before they can be charging for service.
I know of one dealer who displayed an iMiEV certified service sign yet I knew personally the actual technician... Who had left a year before. When I challenged the dealer the answer was ummm well no... We are getting someone certified.

Read the fine print of the particular warranty agreement you have.
Under Australian Consumer Law I understand you are required to have the vehicle serviced as per the manufacturer's service schedule supplied with the vehicle. This does not tie you to a particular dealer or even dealer service.

In the end though, if you do have a claim to make, you may need the good will of a dealer.
iMiEV MY12     92,110km in pure Electric and loving it !
Comet View Drop Down
Noobie
Noobie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2015 at 10:49am
I salary packed my car thru work using Remserv. They quoted me $950 to which my immediate answer was no way. Shopped around using comparison websites and ended up with Budget at $450 including windscreen. I am in my 40's with no claims discount, only 1 claim for hail in the last 5 years. Pays to shop around.
I-miev it in MY10 with extras!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 1:28pm
It's that time of year again. Just insured our 2012 Imiev in QLD for another year. This time we went with Budget direct. $299 for full comprehensive. With the standard $600 excess.

Its turning out to be a cheap and cheerful car to own both in mantanance and insurance cost.

kurt

Edited by offgridQLD - 17 July 2015 at 1:31pm
Greg partridge View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg partridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2015 at 3:08pm
I'm paying $1104.96 for comprehensive for my 2010 through NRMA with $600 excess, with a agreed value of $20,000. I think I am being ripped off.
iDaVID View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iDaVID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2015 at 11:54am
Mine's with Real Insurance for $526 which includes road service & windscreen coverage

Edited by iDaVID - 18 July 2015 at 11:56am
Johny View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2015 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by offgridQLD offgridQLD wrote:

It's that time of year again. Just insured our 2012 Imiev in QLD for another year. This time we went with Budget direct. $299 for full comprehensive. With the standard $600 excess.

Its turning out to be a cheap and cheerful car to own both in mantanance and insurance cost.

kurt

What is the payout figure though Kurt?
Is it agreed value or market price?
Do you get the wreck?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2015 at 7:51pm
Agreed value and don't know if you get to keep the wreck. I would say the later is something you would negotiate after a wreck. Not that I would bother.

My plan for the imiev is to invest as little as possible in ownership. Starting with the purchase price then servicing, electricity, consumables and insurance.

Kurt
Gabz View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2015 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Greg partridge Greg partridge wrote:

I'm paying $1104.96 for comprehensive for my 2010 through NRMA with $600 excess, with a agreed value of $20,000. I think I am being ripped off.

NRMA
Agreed value:$34,150
Basic excess:$1,000
YOUR PREMIUM (Includes 65% No Claim Bonus, your
chosen Options, 10% Loyalty Discount and government charges)
Amount paid: $860.24

includes windscreen but I'm a little bit younger than greg.
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2015 at 10:51am
RAC WA renewal just came, up from $300 last year to $450 this year. Seems like you need to change insurers every year to maintain the advertised prices.
acmotor View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2015 at 12:26pm
You do need to check the excess and voluntary excess and the list of benefits, magazines, hire cars, roadside assist as well when comparing prices.
I had to argue the case for the online pricing (as it is lower than the phone in price) but because the imiev doesn't come up on the online quote system they gave the $100 online discount anyway.

Hey, I support the RAC now as they didn't used to insure imiev when I first got mine but now they are building the eWay, I hope the charging will become free always for RAC members
iMiEV MY12     92,110km in pure Electric and loving it !
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2015 at 1:59pm
Not really interested in any of the benefits. I think the $100 online discount is more of a new customer discount, doesn't apply when renewing online. Not sure what the other $50 of the increase is though, as the insured value has gone down from $15000 to $13500. Online quote from RACWA still comes up as $300 for a 2015 model(only one on the webpage) so I can probably save $150 by waiting for it to expire and starting again.
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2015 at 5:21pm
I called up RAC and they confirmed the increase is intentional, but offered to reduce it to $440.

I have now insured with AAMI for $284 ($1,000 excess, $15,000 insured value).

Their online system also doesn't allow selecting a 2010 i-MiEV but it does allow 2011, and they said that this would be valid as it is what comes up on their system when they enter my cars registration number (never mind it says 2010 on the papers).

Will be interesting to see if their rates go up 50% next year too.
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2016 at 6:15pm
Just renewed with AAMI, went up by about 10% to $318, insured value reduced to $14,600. $1,100 excess.
I still feel like it should get cheaper as the car gets older, but not too bad an increase, and nice to not have to change insurer to get a decent price.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic