AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AEVA Branches > AEVA Melbourne and Geelong Branches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Go Electric Sustainable Transport Festival

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kieran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Go Electric Sustainable Transport Festival
    Posted: 07 October 2014 at 7:40pm
I'm hoping to be there - anyone else? It'll be my first EV event.
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 10:28pm
I'll be giving a talk on Western Australia's Electric Highway, so I will catch you there!
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle
Johny View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Kieran Kieran wrote:

I'm hoping to be there - anyone else? It'll be my first EV event.
I'll be there with the Vogue so hope to see you Kieran.
evric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2014 at 6:23am
I'll be there, but, unfortunately my EV will be left in the shed in Adelaide...
It will great to meet all you guys.
Eric
Prius Plug-in Conversion: http://www.evplus.com.au ...Holden Barina EV: http://www.evric.kestar.com.au
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 3:51pm
Hey Melbourne AEVA folks,

I will be looking for a place to stay over the coming weekend - Can anyone provide a bit of floor space for me? I get in on Friday and leave very early on Monday morning.

Cheers,
Chris
leighf View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2014 at 7:35pm
I and a few other Nissan LEAF owners will be there. Not officially displaying but ready to chat.

Leigh
2012 Nissan LEAF, Cayenne Red
Purchased July 2012.
Kieran View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kieran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 10:02am
I didn't manage to get there. Does anyone have news, reports, photos? I saw an ad and an article for it in my local paper.
Johny View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 10:40am
I only took one picture just before 4PM when I left (it slowed down around 3PM) but it doesn't show much - a long shot.
I was surprized just how many people turned up. I couldn't get away from my car until around 2:30PM.
Every EV that I know of that is sold in Oz was represented - usually 2 of each. A huge number of Electric Pushbikes as well - kits - compete bikes.
Even a Renault Twizy.

Edit: There were 2 Teslas it seems.

Edited by Johny - 27 October 2014 at 10:53am
evric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 10:50am
...hi Johny - there were 2 Teslas - A red one on display and a black one giving rides and drives - wow, what a car!

Edited by evric - 27 October 2014 at 11:21am
Prius Plug-in Conversion: http://www.evplus.com.au ...Holden Barina EV: http://www.evric.kestar.com.au
Johny View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 10:51am
Drat - I missed that. I kinda saw it a couple of times but was too busy to understand why it was there.
evric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 11:21am
Coming from Adelaide and not seeing a WA show, I would reckon that yesterday's EV display one the biggest that I have seen out of all the AGM's etc...
I think the timing was just right.
Congratulations Melbourne branch for putting on such a great show and a very good seminar on Saturday.
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by evric evric wrote:

Coming from Adelaide and not seeing a WA show, I would reckon that yesterday's EV display one the biggest that I have seen out of all the AGM's etc...
I think the timing was just right.
Congratulations Melbourne branch for putting on such a great show and a very good seminar on Saturday.

I concur! Job well done Melbourne, especially to Daryl and Costa for clearly working very hard to pull it all together.

It's inspired me to ensure WA puts on great show for next year!

Who had a drive of the Tesla S? *puts hand up*

It was nice, but to be perfectly honest it just felt like a 4 door auto sedan with lots of power. But then again, I'm not much of a car guy. The plasmascreen in the dash was just too much for me I'm afraid. I think simple would have been better. Still, I wouldn't say no to one
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 12:50pm
Lol plasma sceeen. Definitely not a car guy nor a tech guy possibly.
Would be good to connect a plasma though to run down the battery

Edited by g4qber - 27 October 2014 at 12:52pm
2011 i-MiEV - 87k kms
2014 i3 REx 90k kms
Kieran View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kieran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 6:17pm
Sounds like it was an excellent show. Well done to all involved.
leighf View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2014 at 6:52pm
I agree. It was good to see almost all the production EVs in one place, as well as a couple of superb conversions (I'm looking at you, Johny). That included some tempting electric motorcycles as well.

Congratulations to the organisers for a great day. The weather was kind compared to today (Monday) when we had lots of storms and rain.

Leigh
2012 Nissan LEAF, Cayenne Red
Purchased July 2012.
evric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2014 at 9:09pm
TESLA Model S Test Drive...
I have placed a video I took from the back seat while Doug was driving and James from Tesla was explaining about the car.

http://youtu.be/Bf4O21gyzLo

Later, I had a drive and really tried the car's acceleration a few times, once I nearly lost traction - yeah!

Edited by evric - 28 October 2014 at 9:21pm
Bryce View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2014 at 2:31pm
Have some more pics - will try to attach ...
Hmmm just how do I insert photos like the above one?
Johny View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Bryce Bryce wrote:

Have some more pics - will try to attach ...
Hmmm just how do I insert photos like the above one?
Hi Bryce. First you have to be in the full editor - that's the right-hand Icon with the Up-to-the-right arrow (Full reply editor). The forum software doesn't accept pictures over 120K (I think) so I usually scale them down with gimp or such - generally 640 to 800 pixels across works OK. The alternative is to have the pics somewhere else and link to them.
Johny View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 6:49am
Originally posted by leighf leighf wrote:

....(I'm looking at you, Johny).
Leigh
Thanks Leigh. It was a very positive experience. Thanks to the Melbourne branch committee for an excellent event. The number of chargers spread around the Coburg town hall makes me want to move there!

Edited by Johny - 30 October 2014 at 7:36am
Bryce View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 7:10am
Hmm. That could be the problem - I only have a down to the left arrow on my reply icon. How do I get the other option?
Cheers
Bryce
Johny View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Bryce Bryce wrote:

Hmm. That could be the problem - I only have a down to the left arrow on my reply icon. How do I get the other option?
Cheers
Bryce
You don't see this?
evric View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote evric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 7:54am
Hi Bryce,

The way I do it is to do a post mentioning the photos and then go into that post and then go to "Post Options" and then select "Edit Post" - there is a spot there to "Upload Image".

I have done this with a few of the photos I took on the day.
If anyone wants anything else specific - please ask.

Eric

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Edited by evric - 30 October 2014 at 8:39am
Bryce View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bryce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2014 at 4:10pm
Different icons - but found it!!!
Here are a few more. Seems I didn't take as many as I thought.

http://forums.aeva.asn.au/smileys/smiley1.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic