AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General EV Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EVs in the Record Books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4Springs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EVs in the Record Books
    Posted: 18 November 2016 at 6:25pm
I've contacted the Australian Book of Records to enquire about EV records. This is a company that intends to fill the demand for national records, as opposed to the Guinness Book of Records, which is for world records only. The company has published the Singapore Book of Records since 2005 and was established in Australia in 2012.

They've come back to say that they don't have any EV records currently, but think it's a great idea. The founders have 93 world driving records themselves, including more than a couple of hypermiling records. They will be publishing their first Australian book in May 2017, and would love to have some EV records to put in it. The format is six records to a page, so they'd like six or twelve records. They have suggested some examples:

The oldest electric car in Australia.
Most expensive electric car in Australia.
Most efficient electric car in Australia.
Furthest distance driven in Australia on a single charge.
Blurb, background of electric cars, percentage of electric cars from early imports to date.

Over to you -
What EV records do you know of? Who holds them?
What EV records would you like to see in the book?

The deadline for inclusion in the book is mid-December. Post your suggestions here or email me at: secretary(at)tas.aeva.asn.au

Fireside View Drop Down
Moderated
Moderated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fireside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2016 at 6:42am
Hi, As a bit of a rev-head, I'd be interested to see some performance records like top speed, 1/4mile and 0-100kph times etc. And if possible, some sort of power to weight. (be that capacity or kw.. )
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. Or today.
4Springs View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4Springs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Fireside Fireside wrote:

Hi, As a bit of a rev-head, I'd be interested to see some performance records like top speed, 1/4mile and 0-100kph times etc. And if possible, some sort of power to weight. (be that capacity or kw.. )

So far we have:
Fastest ECar
1/4 Mile ECar
Fastest EBike
1/4 Mile EBike
First CAMS approved ECar
First electric to race in a sanctioned race series against petrol cars
Most Expensive ECar

All these records are held by custom builds.
It would be nice to get some distance records in there, but nobody has been forthcoming as yet. Any suggestions on whom to approach?

What would a power to weight record look like? The best power to weight for an electric would probably be something like a rock crusher installed in a mine somewhere! So you'd have to specify that it was mobile.

g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 6:56am
2011 i-MiEV - 86k kms
2014 i3 REx 90k kms
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 8:23am
Originally posted by 4Springs 4Springs wrote:

It would be nice to get some distance records in there, but nobody has been forthcoming as yet. Any suggestions on whom to approach?

Glenn George was probably the first person to drive around Australia in an electric vehicle (converted MG with a trailer full of batteries). This was in 2010 I believe. Glenn did have a logbook for the Guinness book of Records, but I think it was dropped cause it was too much hassle.

Simon Hackett set a distance record in his Tesla Roadster at about the same time; one of the SA crew may be able to shed some light on this.
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle
4Springs View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4Springs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by jonescg jonescg wrote:

Glenn George was probably the first person to drive around Australia in an electric vehicle (converted MG with a trailer full of batteries). This was in 2010 I believe. Glenn did have a logbook for the Guinness book of Records, but I think it was dropped cause it was too much hassle.

Ah, I heard of this guy just recently at an EV event. Someone telling me about this beautiful EV MG that went through Hobart a few years ago. Sounds like a record - any idea how to contact him?
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by 4Springs 4Springs wrote:

Originally posted by jonescg jonescg wrote:

Ah, I heard of this guy just recently at an EV event. Someone telling me about this beautiful EV MG that went through Hobart a few years ago. Sounds like a record - any idea how to contact him?

His contact details here should work.
http://www.co2race.net.au/index.php
If I'm not mistaken he drove around once, and then half way back and stayed in Queensland!
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 7:11am
2011 i-MiEV - 86k kms
2014 i3 REx 90k kms
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic