AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Production Electric Vehicles > BMW
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crashed my i3 - 9.40pm Sunday 22 Jan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 9:23am
Lol "avoiding an obstruction" that would be other drivers
2011 i-MiEV - 100k kms
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 3:45pm
A comment in that practical motoring article says someone had his bike impounded for splitting on the perth freeway. I suspect there is more to the story though, like splitting at 140 kph stood up on the back wheel.
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 6:38am
https://youtu.be/Nq4h6Fu19vY

This vid makes it clear what to do in Western Australia
2011 i-MiEV - 100k kms
mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 9:51am
Not sure that is an authoritative source. Basically all comes down to the discretion of the police officer on whether you are being safe, whether you were straddling the lanes for too long, whether you indicated sufficiently etc. Generally doing it past a police car or especially bike is a poor risk. Very easy to be given an infringement notice, and even if you are technically legal, having to go to court to prove it is probably a worse penalty than paying the fine. I suspect doing it in a car you are much more likely to be pulled over than on a bike.
reecho View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reecho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 6:52pm
The Tango will be licensed in WA as a car, not a motorcycle.

So lane filtering will be illegal...

mikedufty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikedufty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2017 at 1:37pm
The laws in WA are the same for cars and motorcycles aren't they? Some other states have a special filtering law, but not WA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic