AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Admin Notices
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Charge Station locations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulvk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charge Station locations
    Posted: 12 November 2016 at 6:30pm
Is there a section where people can post locations of public charge stations reason is that maccas at dural nsw now has one.
reecho View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reecho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2016 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by paulvk paulvk wrote:

Is there a section where people can post locations of public charge stations reason is that maccas at dural nsw now has one.

Plugshare..??
Ultralights View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultralights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2016 at 9:22am
im a big fan of Plugshare,   have my home location marked, and have had a leaf owner inquire about it.   check in when i can with it, been great.
Paul9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2016 at 1:06pm
Apart from Plugshare there is of course the ChargePoint map. If you mean, is there a section on this forum, you will find the NSW locations mentioned under the Sydney Branch of AEVA in the Branches section of this forum.
Chuq View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2016 at 2:07pm
I think due to the rate of new chargers appearing, it would be best not to re-invent the wheel. Plugshare is the best site out there, there is also Openchargemap but I don't believe it is as thorough.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultralights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 7:23pm
20 More Chargepoint chargers installed in the darling harbour carpark, according to Plaugshare.
Feng View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 6:32am
$18 for the first hour of parking. What a rort!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultralights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 2:07pm
wow, what a ripoff,   but whats its compare to other parking centres in the city? do the prices vary for time of day/nights?   some are similarly priced for weekdays, but have a flat rate.

edit.
Just finished looking at other parking stations around that part of the CBD, and the rate is actually pretty good, others on the cbd side are average $25 for the first hour! some as high as $40. average around the west side is between #$15 to $20. so $18 is right in the middle.

Edited by Ultralights - 16 January 2017 at 2:47pm
Chuq View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 3:00pm
Is anyone able to take a photo to put on Plugshare?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ultralights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 4:01pm
Yep. i have been meaning to do it when im near a station that has no photo, but keep forgetting
Feng View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 5:25pm
When I added the entry on my phone and edited it shortly after, it ended up creating two entries, one of them without a photo. I've reported it to Plugshare, not sure if it's fixed yet. This one should have a photo: https://api.plugshare.com/view/location/103640

It felt like such a waste to see so many unused stations!

Edited by Feng - 16 January 2017 at 5:26pm
Paul9 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 2:49am
To have 20 stations in one spot is good as it should reduce the chances of being ICE'd. Unfortunately I couldn't see any restrictive signage like "Electric Charging Station Only - No Parking".

The end result could be that they end up with 20 non EV's taking up those spaces! Extremely annoying!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic