AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Discussion > Batteries, charging, management and monitoring
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Changing a Zivan NG3 charge profile for Lithium
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing a Zivan NG3 charge profile for Lithium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4x4kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing a Zivan NG3 charge profile for Lithium
    Posted: 01 July 2009 at 3:50pm
Hi guys,
I need to change the charge profile of Zivan NG3 from Lead to Lithium.

I understand there is an orange slip of paper that describes how to do this. Could someone send me a copy please?

If you can not attach in a response, please email to m.faed@ieee.org

Thanks in advance,
Mal.
Silicon is just sand with attitude.

Blog: http://malfunction.faed.name
PeterS View Drop Down
Noobie
Noobie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2009 at 11:38am

Hi Mal,

My experience with an NG3 is that the charge curve can only be changed by changing the micro. I'm just going through the exercise myself at the moment with the help of M+H Power in Melbourne. Ring Chandi on 03 9765 0524 and have a chat about the different charge curves available. He is a VERY helpful fellow. Mention my name!

The only snag is that you have to send your charger down to Melbourne if you want M+H to do the micro swap. The cost of the micro and labour and freight both ways adds up but I thought it was worth it, as Chandi will test the charger and adjust voltages and currents to suit your batteries, or your instructions to him.

You can buy the micro from him if you want to do the swap yourself.

Peter Stuart

PeterS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic