AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > EV Motoring
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Australia's first Electric Highway!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adverse Effects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2016 at 8:14pm
copper?
jonescg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonescg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 11:32am
Well Bunbury's finest and brightest were out on the night of the 5th of March... The sweet little things decided to smash the screen and lever parts of the front panel off. The cables appear to be fine, but the Fast AC plug has suffered. The ChadeMo plug is OK by the looks of it.

It can be repaired, but it might be quicker to drop a new charger in place while the old one is repaired.

Thanks Bunbury, you have reminded me why we can't have nice things

Thanks to Christina for reporting it, and to Matt (MDK) for heading down this morning to check it out. Hopefully we can have it repaired soon.
I challenge you to come up with a better invention than the bicycle
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 12:32pm
Technically Richard model s reported it first
2011 i-MiEV - 87k kms
2014 i3 REx 90k kms
Feng View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 12:45pm
They should put the barricade around the EV parking spot so it can't be ICEd. Can't let them win if it's anti-EV sentiment.
photomac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photomac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 1:52pm
I've called it through to local ABC but not seen anything online. May be reported on radio only.
Protection I think best by video recording. Who knows why they did it. It is near bus port and may simply be a haves and have-nots thinking combined with the fear of the unknown. Does the Rivers store have video surveillance and was an error recorded about the time of the remodelling attempt?
Yes,   we can.   
acmotor View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 2:50pm
Was the ChaDemo plug used to smash the screen ?

Should the charge station be designed so that the plugs are locked in place until card swipe is done ?

Beautiful people share our planet.
iMiEV MY12     92,110km in pure Electric and loving it !
MDK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 4:10pm
I just got back from Bunbury.. It's a heartbreaking scene.

Originally posted by photomac photomac wrote:

Does the Rivers store have video surveillance and was an error recorded about the time of the remodelling attempt?

There's a security camera only a handful of parking bays away.

Someone pushed the emergency-stop button at 05/03/2016 23:59:43 and the screen was smashed and the computer behind it broken shortly after, because I poll for data every 5 minutes and there was no response at 00:05 even though the 3G modem was online until about 9:40pm (I suspect that's when the council turned off the power)

Originally posted by acmotor acmotor wrote:

Was the ChaDemo plug used to smash the screen ?

Yes, it appears they tried with the Mennekes plug first, and broke the plug - then finished the job with the CHAdeMO.
That's one tough plug, you could probably drive over it with a truck...

Originally posted by acmotor acmotor wrote:

Should the charge station be designed so that the plugs are locked in place until card swipe is done ?

I don't think that would have stopped these "beautiful people" - they seemed intent to do damage, and really wanted the RFID reader for some reason... it's the only thing missing, everything else was on the ground in front of the charger.

offgridQLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 5:44pm
Get I camera on it. It's the only way to make people accountable. Without the camera evidence there isn't much you can do. It might help identify how the plugs are getting broken to.

I put cameras on everything and it's supersizing how often they have been used and payed for them selves busting idiots.

Minimum 720p so you can identify faces and a two way mic - speaker is handy to scare the crap out of people in the act or who are just about to do something.

Kurt
coulomb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coulomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by MDK MDK wrote:

... "beautiful people" - they seemed intent to do damage, and really wanted the RFID reader for some reason... it's the only thing missing...

Huh. Surely they don't think they can read credit cards with it or something? Is there something of value (to "beautiful people") that can be had with spoofed RFID cards?

Just trying to find a motive here. Edit: It seems possible that they weren't necessarily intent on damage, just a side effect of getting to that RFID reader.

Edited by coulomb - 07 March 2016 at 7:03pm
Learning how to repair and re-flash TC/Elcon chargers and PIP-4048 inverter-chargers.
MDK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by coulomb coulomb wrote:

Huh. Surely they don't think they can read credit cards with it or something? Is there something of value (to "beautiful people") that can be had with spoofed RFID cards?

Just trying to find a motive here. Edit: It seems possible that they weren't necessarily intent on damage, just a side effect of getting to that RFID reader.

Could be, or perhaps they were intent on damage and took the RFID reader as a souvenir. I have no idea.

It's just a bog standard MIFARE compatible reader. You can use a recent mobile phone (with NFC support) to read these cards.
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2016 at 3:10pm
Bunbury has Bridgetown unit installed

Ccs ok

Edited by g4qber - 26 March 2016 at 6:21pm
2011 i-MiEV - 87k kms
2014 i3 REx 90k kms
g4qber View Drop Down
AEVA Member
AEVA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g4qber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 6:01am
Bridgetown probably will be installed by the 1st year anniversary of the Rac eh soft launch - 22 June 2015

Edited by g4qber - 13 May 2016 at 6:03am
2011 i-MiEV - 87k kms
2014 i3 REx 90k kms
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic