AEVA Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > AEVA Branches > AEVA Brisbane Branch
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AEVA Brisbane - December Meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesmando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AEVA Brisbane - December Meeting
    Posted: 10 December 2015 at 9:34am
Hello,

this months meeting is 7:30pm Wednesday, 16/12/2015 at the Albion Peace Centre, 102 McDonald Rd, Windsor. Free for members arriving in an Electric Vehicle; otherwise $2 for members, $3 for non-members to cover catering costs.

Graeme is bringing an AC kit (enables the conversion of Internal Combustion Engine vehicle) for you to look at .

See you there

Les
jeffthewalker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 11:49am
Can I get an hour or two in a 240V 10A outlet during the meeting?

I can get an 80% charge at Tritium or BMW on the way to the meeting. But coming back I would need at least 100km in the tank to get to Beaudesert plus 20km.

Ta.
offgridQLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 4:42pm
I don't think it will be a issue to provide a spare 10A outlet. Bring a extension cord though. There is typically only two people charging and always a spare outlet.

We wont leave you stranded

Kurt
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 5:40pm
Many thanks. See you there.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 6:05pm
Oh no.

After more careful thought I can't even get to the meeting. Well, not quite true. I have to drive to the Gold Coast Thursday 17th and I live off grid. I need a full tank to get there and 3 days of good sun for that.

So, cancel my first meeting with AEVA Bris.

Also, same reasoning, I will have to cancel my meeting at Tritium Monday or Tuesday as I can't guarantee a recharge after that trip.

Damn! But I still love my LEAF:-).
offgridQLD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote offgridQLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 7:38pm
The odd time that situation happens to me. I just suck the guts out of my 20kwh house bank overnight. If I need to go some place early the next day It usually recovers while I'm with the car in the day time.

Though If your running lead acid and a small PV array it might not be so happy with that.

Perhaps you could just drive part way and meet up with a member on the south side of City and get a lift. Something like that.

Kurt
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffthewalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2015 at 4:17am
8kWh of old gel storage and 3kW solar. I can only pull a kWh or 2 from the batteries to 50%. But I have to stop midday coz if cloud comes over the house runs out overnight.

I always have the option to run the 6kva genset but, heh, one has to have a few overriding principles:-).

I am (well) retired with a strong "conflict avoidance" guiding light now built in.

I'll take the stress free option and see you guys in March.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic